cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert RAW files to JPEG?

rkulkarni
Apprentice

I have a bunch of raw files and I am not sure how to convert them to JPEG.  I sure would appreciate some help with this.  Thank you

43 REPLIES 43

@vivekkpuri wrote:
Canon 1ds. OS Windows 7.

Go this link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

Start typing your model number "EOS-1D" in the box, and click on the model number when it appears.  This will take you to a page where you can download camera instruction manuals, as well as the manuals for the software that is used with the camera.  You can even download the software applications themselves, too, but you need your camera's serial number.

Go to this link.

http://learn.usa.canon.com/photography/photography.shtml

That link takes you to the Canon DLC, Digital Learning Center, where you can find tutorials, tips, and instructive articles about photography and various features in Canon DSLRs.  Look on the right side for "EOS 101", and start there.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You have a "Canon 1ds."?

The first 1 series full frame?  If I were you I would get the DNG Converter from Adobe.  LR may not be able to open those old RAW files.  I have a 1D but I have not tried to use it with a current version of LR.  It has become a very expensive paper weight.

The Adobe DNG Converter is free and is supposed to be able to handle any RAW file.  Once it is converter to DNG, LR will be able to edit it.

You are getting some sketchy info here so ignor most of it and try the Adobe DNG Converter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You have a "Canon 1ds."?

The first 1 series full frame?  If I were you I would get the DNG Converter from Adobe.  LR may not be able to open those old RAW files.  I have a 1D but I have not tried to use it with a current version of LR.  It has become a very expensive paper weight.

The Adobe DNG Converter is free and is supposed to be able to handle any RAW file.  Once it is converter to DNG, LR will be able to edit it.

You are getting some sketchy info here so ignor most of it and try the Adobe DNG Converter.

Sketchy info?.  I doubt if the person has even the slightest clue what that word salad you posted means.

vivekkpuri
Contributor
Thanks a ton ebiggs.. Will try this and get back. Appreciate

vivekkpuri
Contributor
It feels that you too much but don't have any polite words to write. I would rather ignore you and your comments

vivekkpuri
Contributor
Finally it's done . I used the DPP in mac and it worked. The sketchy waddy can eat his salad now. He needs medication badly

@vivekkpuri wrote:
Finally it's done . I used the DPP in mac and it worked. The sketchy waddy can eat his salad now. He needs medication badly

My apologies for tellling you how to use DPP to convert it, instead the Adobe software which you didn't ask about..

@vivekkpuri wrote:

If you need to be able to do it in Windows, try DPP Version 3, rather than Version 4. (Both versions are kept up to date and are available on the Canon site.) The V4 documentation indicates that only the Mark III edition of the 1Ds is compatible, but the V3 documentation seems to say that V3 supports any of the 1D series.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

vivekkpuri
Contributor
No worries there. This forum is to help people. Sharing knowledge is what is important and not showing pride because you have more knowledge. Thankyou

"Thanks a ton ebiggs.."

You are certainly welcome. I am glad you got it to work.  If I get my old paper weight 1D out anytime I will know how to handle its files.

"This forum is to help people."

You would think!   But some people seem more concerned with dissing others.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements