cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How get date stamp on cannon EOS M50 photos?

RiyazKhan04
Apprentice

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Waddizzle wrote:

Did you install the free Canon software, DPP, Digital Photo Professional

You can use it to create “watermarks” on your photos as you convert them from RAW to JPEG files.

I have used DPP for years and hadn't realised it could do that, I suppose it's partly because I have never had the need.

View solution in original post

@Ray-uk wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

You can use it to create “watermarks” on your photos as you convert them from RAW to JPEG files.

I have used DPP for years and hadn't realised it could do that, I suppose it's partly because I have never had the need.

It is not smart enough to read EXIF data, and use that as a watermark.  It is just a field of text that you would enter, just as you would with most other photo editing applications.  Watermarks tend to stay the same, and not change very often.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you mean have the date actually printed on the photo? You can't. That feature has gone away. I believe there is software that will do it for you, but the camera won't.

RiyazKhan04
Apprentice
Oh that's very sad
Thanks for the information.
Can you please suggest me the software

@RiyazKhan04 wrote:
Oh that's very sad
Thanks for the information.
Can you please suggest me the software

Did you install the free Canon software, DPP, Digital Photo Professional?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Ray-uk wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

It is not smart enough to read EXIF data, and use that as a watermark.  It is just a field of text that you would enter, just as you would with most other photo editing applications.  Watermarks tend to stay the same, and not change very often.

RiyazKhan04
Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestions

I think you can add a date stamp when using the Canon Easy-Photoprint EX software.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/printing-innovations/mobile-printing/easy-...

Though it may only work with specific models of Canon printers.

RiyazKhan04
Apprentice
OK thanks for the information
Announcements