cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3

bajatony1
Apprentice

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3. Someone said it was available on the utilities disc, but i can't find it.

Cheers

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent you a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

Thanks L8Nite !
I didn't noticed that i.n.f.o. before you point my attention on it.

Finaly my husband found something else - in japanese... he don't speak japanese... magicien 😉

If someone is interest I could ask him what was it.

Thank you for help anyway!

No prob Mango......Its all about helping each other to strive to get better.....I'm pretty sure I'll be asking you some things in the future because I am still fairly new to the visual side. I am forward slash Lasik_i on the gram, and L8.Nite on the book. PM me for any other questions if need be or find me on the two most popular social media sites that shows pictures and videos or stores your info in the book. I am always willing to network and work!

John,

Would you mind sending the info on locating the shutter count? I am selling my MK III and want to put it in the listing.

thanks,

W~

@wthatcher wrote:

John,

Would you mind sending the info on locating the shutter count? I am selling my MK III and want to put it in the listing.

thanks,

W~

Send it to Canon and get a certified count. That's all any sensible buyer will believe.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I find that totally ridiculous, requiring to send in the camera for this piece of information. What ever possesed Canon to force their customers is idiotic. Paying for shipping, packaging and the chance the camera could be damaged in shipping or lost... Hmph! And... uisng ExifTool worked in locating the shutter count, no need to spend money on an app.

@wthatcher wrote:

I find that totally ridiculous, requiring to send in the camera for this piece of information. What ever possesed Canon to force their customers is idiotic. Paying for shipping, packaging and the chance the camera could be damaged in shipping or lost... Hmph! And... uisng ExifTool worked in locating the shutter count, no need to spend money on an app.

I explained that in this thread sixteen months ago. Go read what I said before you fume anymore. Besides, it doesn't matter what you say or think. Some buyers probably don't care about the shutter count, but no buyer in his right mind will believe anything but a Canon-certified count.

Bob

Oh contraire sir- it does matter what I think and say. Voices and opinions do matter. For an individual to remark that another person's voice or opinion does not matter is indignant and trite.

@wthatcher wrote:
Oh contraire sir- it does matter what I think and say. Voices and opinions do matter. For an individual to remark that another person's voice or opinion does not matter is indignant and trite.

Look, you brought it up; don't shoot the messenger. A buyer who seriously cares about the shutter count isn't going to take your word for it. You may not like that, but you're very unlikely to change it.

BTW, it's "Au", not "Oh". Don't use foreign words you can't spell; it just makes you look silly. There are people in this forum who can actually read and speak French.

Bob

The word contraire defined in the English language is "opposite" and is borrowed from the French language, my use of "Oh' is a stop and pause usage. To look foolish is the one who attempts to embarrass or draws ones attention away from them-self. Again I will state that I doubt you are the ordained authority on what one person or another should care, how much they should care "seriously" care about.

Hi John,

Could you help me to figure out my shutter count as well?

I'm new to the Cannon world and would really appreciate the help. I've been having Err 20 & 30 coming up on my camera, so it's out of use. I thought it would be a good idea to find out the shutter count as well.  

Your help is very appreciated 🙂

Announcements