cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3

bajatony1
Apprentice

How do i check shutter count on 5d mk3. Someone said it was available on the utilities disc, but i can't find it.

Cheers

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sent you a PM.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

@ Wondering why you would PM the OP  and not just share the answer ? what's the answer to his question ?as I'm sure others are wondering

That site may be correct it it may not.  You never know so it is almost useless.  Canon service is the only way to get a true accurate count.  I have used that site and later sent the camera to Canon and the counts were different.  This is on cameras it is supposed to work with!  Smiley Surprised Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The one I am talking about is not a website per se; its a software program you download. It was 100% accurate on my 1D Mark IV; I checked before I sent camera in and then had Canon give me a count.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Could you give out a hint or PM me the software as well? I am in the process of purchasing a 5Mk3 with a low actuator sometime this week or next and I would like to continue being a smart investor.............the reason to why I am not purchasing the A7 or the GH4 right now!

Wasn´t the comment I wrote above good enough?

Yea, EOScount but it doesn't hurt to compare and contrast. Plus, you should use more than one source in order to get your synopsis in my opinion....so what is being PM'd along with what LensA told me that they use as well....Sh..count by d.i.r.e.

Shutter Count?  I shudder to think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" It was 100% accurate on my 1D Mark IV; I checked before I sent camera in and then had Canon give me a count."

This time!  That is the problem you just don't know.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  Maybe they fied theur software. Bit maybe they didn't!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Could you PM me please? Many thanks!

Hello John,

I'm new to the Cannon Comunity and found this great chat thread. Can you help me figure out my Canon Mark iii 5D shutter count is?

I've recently come into some malfunctions (err 20&30) with my camera and wanted to find out how many frames my camera has taken as well. 

Thanks so much for your help!

With Love,

Slavica

Announcements