cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer CR2 files to tablet using wifi and Camera Connect?

EllieK
Contributor

Hi everyone.

I am using Camera Connect app and can view my files just fine. They are all taken as CR2. When I downloaded one (and finally discovered where it was) I found it is a jpg, not a raw file.

How do I get it to download a raw file? I see no mention of that in the app settings. Just the 'resize' option mentions that it is only used for jpg downloads.

Also it would be helpful to be given an option of where to download, but that is not as critical as having the raw file.

Thanks

Ellie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EllieK
Contributor
Answer is that it can't. So this is the solution. Use a cable.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If it's an iPad you can use the Apple Camera Connection cable or the Apple SD card reader.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there,

Thanks. I'm on Android and can easily connect using a card reader in a cable. But I wanted a wifi transfer. It isn't possible, apparently. 

I view, edit and export my raw files in Photomate 3R which is superb. So I still will be using the cable.

Thanks

Ellie

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

But note  that the iPad only displays the jpeg preview, not the raw data.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Does the Android store have Shutter Snitch?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No, it doesn't. It sounds as if it partners with a wireless transfer system. Which is what is missing in the picture.

On Android I use the Photomate R3 for viewing raw and editing if I want as well as exporting as JPG. For remote capture I use the DSLR controller app which is pretty brilliant, I have used both of these for a few years now.

Cheers

Ellie

EllieK
Contributor
Answer is that it can't. So this is the solution. Use a cable.

dliebowitz
Contributor

If there is a solution to this question - I don't get it. I have the Canon G9X Mk II. I shoot in RAW format only. I have connectivity between my camera and my LG Android phone using Canon Camera Connect app. I can upload from my Canon to my LG Android wirelessly - but the file that ends up on on my LG Android is always a JPEG. How do I upload the RAW file from my Canon to my LG Android wirelessly, so I can then edit the RAW file using Lightroom Mobile - which is also on my LG Android. Help appreciated. Thx.

EllieK
Contributor
The only way is to use a cable

Thx for the very quick reply. I have no problems downloading my RAW files using a card reader and cable for my SD card - downolading them to my desktop PC for furhter editing the RAW files using Lightroom. 

But if I understand you correctly - there is no way to wirelessly transfer the RAW file from my Canon G9X Mark II to my LG V10 android phone. That is a total bummer!

I shoot in RAW on my LG V10 and then very quickly edit the RAW file on my LG V10 using Lightroom Mobile before sending the then editied RAW file then converted to JPEG via text/social media, etc. 

The quaility of the Canon G9X Mark II is superior to my LG V10 for taking photos - but the inability to wirelessly transfer RAW to my android would seem to be a huge flaw from a pracitcal standpoint. Why is this? What am I missing?

Announcements