cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I shoot in Raw and jpeg at the same time on my 6D?

chitch7
Contributor

Canon 6D.  I've been shooting in jpeg for a long time.  I'm trying to start using Raw some.  When I select to shoot in Raw and Jpeg together (Raw/Ljpeg), it seems I'm only getting pics in Raw.  All pics suffix are CR2.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Mac or PC? For PC choose Edit->Preferences->General.

For Mac choose Lightroom->Preferences->General.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Thanks!  I'll check that out this afternoon when I get off work.

I don't see this option in Lightroom.  I just took one pic with camera and then checked the SD card.  Only one pic on SD card.  Double checked quality setting and it is RAW + L (jpeg).

I appreciate your reply.  I can't find this Preference screen.  I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.  Thanks for your help.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"When I select to shoot in Raw and Jpeg together (Raw/Ljpeg), it seems I'm only getting pics in Raw."

I am just curious, why do you want a jpg at all?  I know in the past there was some valid needs for a jpg.  However, today that need is almost nonexistent.  Today's software makes the need so very much less.

Anyway depending on what software you are using, it is likely a setting in it somewhere.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

diverhank
Authority

@chitch7 wrote:

Canon 6D.  I've been shooting in jpeg for a long time.  I'm trying to start using Raw some.  When I select to shoot in Raw and Jpeg together (Raw/Ljpeg), it seems I'm only getting pics in Raw.  All pics suffix are CR2.  What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have the option set correctly.  It should be like the lower left image for storing both formats.

Capture.JPG

I’d just save in the RAW then use post processing to convert to jpeg. In the past I tried saving both but always ended up deleting the out of camera jpeg files anyway.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

It is Raw + L.

Mine is set at RAW + L.  Just took one pic and checked the SD card.  Only one pic on the SD card.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Go back to page 1 and look at my post. It is the third one.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Mac or PC? For PC choose Edit->Preferences->General.

For Mac choose Lightroom->Preferences->General.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks!!!!!!!!!  I had looked everywhere earlier and missed Preferences under Edit.  I checked that box and now have two images each.  One Raw and one Jpeg.  Thanks again.

Announcements