Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

How do I fix my 5D Mk2 that is stuck on 98% during firmware update?

I have tried to do a firmware update on my 5D Mk2 but the update stopped at 98% until the battery dies. Can anyone help please?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do I fix my 5D Mk2 that is stuck on 98% during firmware update?

I think you need to call Canon.

Have you tried to reload the firmware download to the card and trying again? It could be a corrupt file.

Respected Contributor

@SDCapture wrote:

I have tried to do a firmware update on my 5D Mk2 but the update stopped at 98% until the battery dies. Can anyone help please?

You can try removing the batteries - main battery and the small date/time battery (which should be accessible via the empty main battery chamber) then leave the battery off for a while - I would leave them out overnight so the circuitry capacitance can be completely discharged.  Replace the batteries.  There is a good chance the camera might come back to life.  If not, send in for service.

If the camera comes back, I'd re-download the firmware, reformat the CF card and try again. I would not use the same download which might be corrupted.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Was it a Zip (compressed ) file that you forgot ou unzip?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."