cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find histogram display on Canon eos 70d when using viewfinder.

chrismurdoch
Apprentice

I can see the histogram in Live View but not through the viewfinder when I come out of Live view. Repeated pressing of info button provides no results.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@chrismurdoch wrote:

I can see the histogram in Live View but not through the viewfinder when I come out of Live view. Repeated pressing of info button provides no results.

You shouldn't see a histogram display in the viewfindeer.  A hiistogram is a detailed analysis of an image.  The image sensor is used to sample the images for analysis.  When you use Live View, the mirror fips up to expose the image sensor, and the viewfinder blanks out.  You will see an image on the LCD.  

The opposite happens when you look through the viewfinder.  The mirror is down, and the LCD image is blanked out.  This means that the image sensor is not being exposed, so no analysis can be performed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

In other words, the 70D does not have an EVF, just a straight (well, not *straight* ...) optical path to the lens

Does that mean I can only check exposure in live view or after I have already taken the shot?

Peter
Authority
Authority
Yes.
Announcements