cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How connect laptop to 6D using camera as access point?

Bazsl
Rising Star

Is is possible to connect my laptop to my 6D using the camera as an access point? I would like to be able to connect my laptop to my 6D in the field where no LAN is available using the camera as an access point just as I can with my Android tablet. If this is possible can someone point me to the instructions? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Skirball
Authority

I've read that you can do it, but I haven't tried it yet.  Use the Camera Access Point Mode like you would for a smartphone/tablet, but connect to your laptop instead (through EOS utility).  You can download the instructions on the Canon website, but I didn't find them very helpful.  I'll try it tonight and report back.

Thanks. I could not find anything on the Canon Web site. When I try to connect to the camera access point I get an error when I enter the security code no matter what I enter. If you get it to work please let me know.

I got past my password problem using manual settings but the WFT utility on the laptop does not see the camera.

Bazsl,

Thank you for posting.  I would like to help, but I need to know a little more about your setup.

1. What version of what operating system are you running on your computer?
  2. What version of EOS Utility / WFT Utility do you have installed?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Mike. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The version of the EOS Utility is 2.13.0.0.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements