cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the white rectangle from Canon 5D Mark iii while streaming?

Paul9000
Apprentice

Is there anyway to remove the white rectangle on my Canon 5D Mark III? 

I'm streaming a live yoga class into an Elgato HD60+ then into my MacBook Pro. I'm wondering if I need to do download the Magic Lantern firmware? I'd rather not do that if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

Paul9000, 

You can try pressing the <INFO> button on the camera.  Multiple button presses will change the on screen display until it eventually reaches a spot where it's blank and then back to full information display with several steps in between.  This should change what you see onscreen as a result.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No this did not help. I spent a long time with Canon support on the phone and came to the conclusion the hdmi is clean when feeding into a TV but NOT the elgato hd60+ capture card. I was able to get over these limitations by downloading the Magic Lantern firmware as suggested by one of your techs. Disappointing that Canon does not offer these features in its own firmware. Also disappointing that I had to spend many many hours trying to figure this out.

Hello, Paul9000.

The 5D Mark III does not offer clean HDMI out, however, we do have a new EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software that may allow you to stream via USB. You can learn more at canon.us/livestream

You will also see all of the current models that offer clean HDMI out.

If your camera isn't listed, be sure to sign up to be notified for future EOS Webcam Utility Software updates & releases, as our team is actively developing the software and will be adding more camera models in the future. 

DarylS
Apprentice
Set camera to manual focus. No more focus box around your face. Magic.

AF off           |  AF on. 

afoff.pngafon.png

No matter what, i see a box.  From my camera through camlink. 

SURELY there's a way to fix this in the settings. 

Do I really need to downgrade to 1.2.3, then install magic lantern to get this done? 

I'm currently on 1.3.6 

( 5d mark III )

This is super annoying. 

Smandel
Apprentice
Paul9000, I’ve installed ML. What setting do I use to get rid of that white box?

I finally did get the white box to go away, after installing Magic Lantern. 

Typically, hit the info button and it'll go away. 

Thank you!  That worked!!!  YAY!!!

Announcements