cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I keep the mirror up to use the hdmi ouput without recording

MIKEL
Apprentice

I need to use the camera to capture the hands of a pianist and using the HDMI out to project the video on a screen using a projector? 

I do NOT want to record just use the camera image for the concert.

I'll use an HDMI to VGA converter but I need to keep the mirror UP all the time.

Mirror lock OK without killing something? At the moment the mirror hangs up for a few seconds only.

thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

When you are in live view, the mirror is up. What camera do you have?

7D mkII - missed that important piece of information

Bit embarressing - I just disabbled the power timer. and that seems to have done the trick.

Sorry about that.

Mike

@MIKEL wrote:

7D mkII - missed that important piece of information

Bit embarressing - I just disabbled the power timer. and that seems to have done the trick.

Sorry about that.

Mike

Beware of heat buildup.  The 7D2 has far more resolution than you need for video.  The Instruction Manual contains cautions about heat buildup during extended use in Live View or Video modes..  You may want to look into using an actual camcorder, ideally a video camera, for this task of transmitting images of a pianist's hands while performing.

One trick my son uses to record his hands at work in cooking videos is to use a large, angled mirror over his work surface, or stove, a few feet overhead.  He uses a long enough lens to fill the camera frame with image in the mirror.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks razzle dazzle 🙂

Spoiler

Announcements