cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix the "communication with battery" at 6D?

Najwa
Apprentice
first i got the err 20 message. after some time i didn't get that but i started getting the "can not communicate with battery" message when I insert the battery. if i say OK it works fine but the battery sign on the screen does not appear and the battery info also does not appear in the window. i use a second battery, still same message. i used a battery grip still the same issue. this is annoying! how can i fix this? thanks Najwa
7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You might try to gently clean the battery contacts with a Q-tip, but that is as far as I would go.

thanks, but made no difference. 😞

If you know they were two Canon batteries that did not work you probably need to send it in for repair.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you might have third party batteries and battery grip.  Ditch both or all of these.  Use only real deal Canon grip and batteries.  Plus, hope the grip didn't ruin your 6D already!

BTW, cleaning the contacts isn't the problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks,

My batteries are original and i have not been using the grip. i only tried to see if that helps me. but didnt. 

i think it could be a mater of getting wet in the rain. this happend when i was using the camera in the rain. 

thanks

N

You will have to send it to Canon and hope for the best.

"...  it could be a mater of getting wet in the rain."

Bingo!  Water and a DSLR do not work well together.  If it got very wet, it is toast and is done.  It if just got a little wet, it may be repairable but it could be expensive.  Send it to Canon and tell then if got wet.  Don't leave out that critical detail like you did here!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements