cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control my 5DsR from my android phone?

Bazsl
Rising Star

Will Canon Camera Connect or the EOS Android utility work using a USB cable connection between my Android phone and my 5Dsr?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

@Bazsl wrote:

Will Canon Camera Connect or the EOS Android utility work using a USB cable connection between my Android phone and my 5Dsr?

Neither Canon apps support USB connection.  Per the description,they only work with the cameras that are equipped with Wifi.  It doesn't even say that they will work with non Wifi cameras even with the optional wireless adapter.

There are many non-Canon apps that will allow you to connect via USB OTG cable...some are free but most requires a nominal fee.  The most popular seems to be the DSLR Controller app that costs $8.50...I tried a couple of free ones and they do work but this is not something I'd do so I never really got into it.  I don't have my tablet with me and I can't remember the name of it...key is you can download from Google Play and try them out.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

diverhank
Authority

@Bazsl wrote:

Neither Canon apps support USB connection.  Per the description,they only work with the cameras that are equipped with Wifi.  It doesn't even say that they will work with non Wifi cameras even with the optional wireless adapter.

There are many non-Canon apps that will allow you to connect via USB OTG cable...some are free but most requires a nominal fee.  The most popular seems to be the DSLR Controller app that costs $8.50...I tried a couple of free ones and they do work but this is not something I'd do so I never really got into it.  I don't have my tablet with me and I can't remember the name of it...key is you can download from Google Play and try them out.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements