cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the time to a 12 hour clock on a EOS 70D camera ?

Carole10
Contributor

I just got an EOS 70D Camera & would prefer a 12 hour am - pm time, but it seems I can only set the time on a 24 hour clock .  I personally don' like the 24 hour time, and would like to change that setting, but can find a way to do so. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks, Carole

15 REPLIES 15

Carole10
Contributor
I see Bob that you continue to hide your nasty comments under " I'm just satcastic"
Upon exploring a number other sites about this question, it was my observation that quite a large number of people have a preference for 12 hr time . You do know how to navigate the multitudinous in & outs of the net ? Also what's with the Magic Magic Lantern comment? The Magic Lantern was a slide projector popular in the 1800's, where the light source was a small flame at the rear of the device.
I recently saw a demonstration of one in Colonial Williamsburg It is not a camera but a projection device, and FYI they did have cameras in the 1800's.

Capture2.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@Carole10 wrote:
I see Bob that you continue to hide your nasty comments under " I'm just satcastic"
Upon exploring a number other sites about this question, it was my observation that quite a large number of people have a preference for 12 hr time . You do know how to navigate the multitudinous in & outs of the net ? Also what's with the Magic Magic Lantern comment? The Magic Lantern was a slide projector popular in the 1800's, where the light source was a small flame at the rear of the device.
I recently saw a demonstration of one in Colonial Williamsburg It is not a camera but a projection device, and FYI they did have cameras in the 1800's.

I'm sorry, Carole; I wasn't trying to show you up. You seemed pretty sure of yourself, so I assumed that you, like many of those who participate in this forum, would know what "Magic Lantern" is (or would easily find out by Googling). But I see that John has sent you some information that I'm sure will clarify the matter.

All kidding aside, I did learn something from your latest post. I had thought that magic lanterns (the projectors) dated back only to around Thomas Edison's time; I had no idea that they existed even in the Colonial era. But a Google (well, actually Bing) search confirms that you're absolutely right. Live a lot, learn a little.

I did know that they had cameras in the 1800's. Anyone who doubted that would find Matthew Brady's photos of the Civil War hard to explain.

Anyway, enjoy your new camera, and get a lot of good shots on your upcoming trip.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

daave
Apprentice

my canon eos200d doesnt have 24hr or am pm setting.. when i download a photo it only records 12 hr time.. it does show am pm in the photo specs but  unfortunately around the wrong way..

Welcome to he forum. 

see page 44 of your manual. 

I am guessing you set the time 12 hours off. If you are setting the time in the afternoon you would select 15 rather than 3 for example. 

5ED0FDCC-C6DB-4647-9E51-A8A7E6EB40F8.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there John... Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question..

I got up early this morning checked the time in the  camera  it was in 24-hour time so I took a photo and checked it in Windows 10. It showed the time as 3:45 p.m. I changed the time as you suggested in the camera took a photo…  Windows showed the time as 3.49 a.m. 

So pretty happy with that .. thanks again ..cheers

Announcements