cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hinge Pins on battery grip

jaydean
Contributor

Hello,

My battery grip’s door for my 5d mark ii came undone and the small metal pins went missing, I have tried to search online for a replacement for those pins but have had no luck, would anyone know where I could find them to buy? The picture shows the holes where the pins go into and attach to the grip door.5161F140-2EB5-423B-AE70-F3DF453D2508.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Are the pins not part of the door assembly? If they are, Try calling Canon and see if you can buy the complete door.

Another option might be to buy a complete BG-E6 listed "As-Is" or "for Parts".

BG-E6.jpg

BG-E6c.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks for reply, the pins are for the door on the right side where you put in the two camera batteries, but thanks for tips, I looked on eBay but no luck finding one for parts, perhaps canon might know where those pins can be located. I do believe the pins ca,e with the door originally but I guess got wore out and they simply fell off, I was able to slide one pin in and make it work but the pin got lost into the night, unfortunately taping up the backside won’t make the camera work even though the connectors are touching. it really wants that pin in order to turn on. 

jaydean
Contributor

I got arround to calling Canon after looking around on ebay as a one for parts, and they said that they could only sell the door part itself which is about 30 bucks plus shipping, but that did not have any currently on inventory.

I wonder if there is a pin that could be used as a replacement somehow as not only do I not want to buy a whole other grip, I don't want to throw this away because it is just a waste because it works fine other then the pins needing to be in it  for it to somehow turn on with the door closed. The irony is I can close the door fine and the batteries connect to the connector, its just that the pins are still needed somehow to turn on. 

anyways, I suppose I will just buy a knock off one but seems so silly for something so small and a complete waste. 

They look like these and are super small that fit  in the wholes of the battery grip door

pins.jpg

I don't know the thickness of the pins but perhaps you could cut some new ones from a paperclip. I would imagine the originals were spring loaded, are the springs still inside the holes on the door.

If you could find these pins, it is likely that they will not work well.  The pins probably became lost due to some flaw in your current grip.  What held them in place is likely lost or broken, too.  

Why don’t you just buy a used grip?  I have seen them for sale for $50 to $70, at reputable dealers who sell used gear, like KEH.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jaydean
Contributor
I only need extra power with this camera for 2 more time lapses and plus I hate buying things twice especially if it works other then a door and I also hate putting more crap that will more then likely in a landfill and of course I hate spending money if I don’t have to, given the fact the camera is old and I’m ready for a real upgrade etc

I that case, just use it without the door. It looks like there is a door switch sensor. Just find a way to make the sensor think the door is closed.

Mike Sowsun

jaydean
Contributor
I supppse the sensor is just impacting the hole, going to try !

Thanks
Announcements