cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight tone priority

Apishx
Contributor
Hi... I'm using Eos 60D. The problem is I can't disable the highlight tone priority when recording video. I have tried at the menu section. Nothing works.. The simple D+ keep appear at the ISO section. Someone helps me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Apishx, 

Please let the community know which mode the camera dial is set to.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you turn it off in the custom function? (II-3)

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you use the movie menu?

Untitled.jpg

Apishx
Contributor
I already disable it in custom function, but the symbol D+ still appear when I want to record video. The problem is that I can't disable it when in the movie menu. It happen for both iso speed setting increments and highlight tone priority. Plus, I can't adjust my ISO 😞

Did you put "movie exposure" in the video menu to manual?

Apishx
Contributor
Yes.. I did, but still can't adjust the ISO, highlight tone priority and iso speed setting increments

Hello Apishx,

This behavior is definitely unusual as the recommendations by kvbarkley are spot on.

When you say that you cannot adjust the Highlight tone priority setting in the 1st red camera menu tab when in the movie mode, do you mean the menu option is grayed out or that setting it to disable doesn't make the D+ go away?

Are you able to post a screenshot of what the 1st red camera menu tab, when in the movie mode, of your camera looks like?

Even with Highlight tone priority enabled you should still be able to set the ISO between 200-6400, provided the Movie Exposure menu option is set to Manual.

In the movie mode, while not actively recording, what happens on the rear LCD when you press the ISO button on the top of the camera? If the ISO menu shows up on the rear LCD as it should when the ISO button is pressed, are you able to change the current ISO by rotating the main dial on top of the camera?

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

I can't adjust the Highlight Tone Priority and ISO Speed setting increments setting because the menu option is grayed out.

Yes, I can't adjust the ISO too. The ISO menu appears when I pressed the ISO button on top of camera. The value of ISO stayed at 6400. When I rotated the main dial on top of the camera, nothing changed, the value is still at 6400.

I hope you could help me. Thanks

IMG_20190419_225326.jpg

IMG_20190419_221452.jpgIMG_20190419_221433.jpg

Hello Apishx, 

Please let the community know which mode the camera dial is set to.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Apishx
Contributor
The camera is set to video mode. This problems only occur in video mode
Announcements