cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi... New and a question!

KarisKids5
Apprentice

Hi, my name is Kari and I am very happy to have found this board.  I have a Canon 5D Mark III  It has started to have the shutter "stick" closed when I am taking pictures.  I don't have any camer a stores near me and I was wondering if anyone had any reliable places that I could send my "baby" haha.  

Thank you very much and I look forward to reading all of your posts.  

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

I think people might need to know what country you live in before they can give you any advice.

KarisKids5
Apprentice
Hi. Thanks. I am in the US and I live in NY

I don't live in your area, but I recall Canon has a factory service center in New Jersey -- probably the best/nearest location to get the camera properly serviced.

See:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Stephen

Hi Kari!

You might also try giving support a call. You'd be surprised how often just a minor accidental setting change can cause some very unwanted consequences!

Our friendly, expertly trained support team is available weekdays from 8am to Midnight (ET), and Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Support at Canon USA is always free, and our team is right here in the US! 

If our team can't resolve your issue over the phone, they'll give you instructions to either mail your camera in, or where our nearest walk-in facility is. 

Announcements