cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,I can't turn on my 70D, after removing the battery

tinutza_st
Apprentice

I got the 70D about a month ago, as a gift, and it worked perfectly until yesterday, when I wanted to charge the battery. When I put back the battery in the camera, I couldnt turn it on. Still can't turn it on. i dont know what to do. HELP please

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Removing the battery did not cause the camera to fail. Something else did and without further info it is impossibile to guess.

Maybe your charger is faulty?  Maybe the battery is bad?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Removing the battery did not cause the camera to fail. Something else did and without further info it is impossibile to guess.

Maybe your charger is faulty?  Maybe the battery is bad?

It sounds silly, but the effect the OP reports is what one would expect if one forgot to plug the charger in. Instead of recharging the battery, the charger woiuld simply drain away any remaining charge. So it might be worth trying to charge the battery again, making sure that the light on the charger is on during the whole process.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Seems I have read multiple posts about the little battery door getting mis-aligned so it is not making good contact with the battery. You might see if anyone here (or Google) can describe it precisely rather than generally. It would make sense since the only thing you did was to open and close the battery door, really.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

DPEFILMS
Contributor

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. CAMERA WILL NOT TURN ON WITH BATTERIES OR USING THE A/C ADAPTER.

Hello DPEFILMS!

We noticed that you have posted several times in "ALL CAPS", which typically means that you are speaking in an urgent tone or require immediate assistance.  The Forums are actually designed to allow the community to help each other at leisure with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.  

Please take a look at the Forum Guidelines to find additional information regarding this communiction with you (under the "Participation" section).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). 

We hope this information is useful!

WHAT ABOUT MY EYES BEING BAD AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN READ WELL IS IF I USE CAPS. IT HAS NO EMOTIONAL CONNECTION AT ALL... IF I TYPE SMALL, I CANT SEE WHAT IM TYPING. EVERYTHING I DO HAS CAPS ON PURPOSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH URGENCY OR NON URGENCY AND I WOULD ASSUME ANYONE HAVING ANY ISSUE WITH A PRODUCT WOULD ASSUME THEIR ISSUE WAS URGENT.

@DPEFILMS wrote:
WHAT ABOUT MY EYES BEING BAD AND THE ONLY WAY I CAN READ WELL IS IF I USE CAPS. IT HAS NO EMOTIONAL CONNECTION AT ALL... IF I TYPE SMALL, I CANT SEE WHAT IM TYPING. EVERYTHING I DO HAS CAPS ON PURPOSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH URGENCY OR NON URGENCY AND I WOULD ASSUME ANYONE HAVING ANY ISSUE WITH A PRODUCT WOULD ASSUME THEIR ISSUE WAS URGENT.

Actually, you can post in text as large as you want without using caps.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Nearly every web browser allows you to hold CTRL and press either the "=" or "-" keys (just left of the backspace key) and this will either increase or decrease the font size globally within the browser.  It makes things much easier to read.

If you're on a Mac, it's the Command key instead of the Ctrl key.

In any case... assuming the camera really does have a charged battery inserted, the cameras also have a microswitch in the door frame of the battery compartment and also in the doorframe of the memory card compartment.  if the switch is not engaged then the camera will not power up.  

Make sure the door is closed, has a good fit (nothing is blocking it) and that the tab which engages the switch (the tab is in the door) is not damaged.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Mod note - Comment removed for continued violations of Forum Guidelines

Further violations will result in being permanently banned.

Announcements