cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my 90D

pureblue0229
Apprentice

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'ma having a problem andlooking for help with my 90D.

I'm having a problem with my 90D.

My camera is giving me a maximum fps burst that limited to only 5 shots. I was attempting to stop action shooting water balloons popping, shooting outdoors in bright sunlight. I was shooting in manual mode with the following settings:

Lens: Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro set at f/7.1, 1/8000 sec in manual mode, ISO 4000 (auto ISO), single shot mode, anti-flicker disabled,

My memory card is SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-II SDXC, 300 mb sec.

I had the camera set to record in both RAW & JPEG. I then set it to JPEG only but nothing changed. I tried changing memory cards and lens and the problem persists. It happens shooting while in both Live View mode and through the viewfinder. The Live View screen shows the maximum burst is supposed to be 18 shots. The camera doesn't seem to be slowing to catch up recording it to the card and it's always 5 shot bursts, seemingly like that's what it's max is set/programed to.

Is anyone else having this issue and can you give me a suggestion as to what's causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The problem might be caused by One Shot mode.  Either, turn off AF on the lens and pre-focus the lens manually, or switch to AI Servo mode.  

Do you have a copy of the full User Manuals?  It can be downloaded from Canon Support from the same page where you downloaded the camera software.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Turn off Digital Lens Optimizer, and the other corrections.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First reset your camera back to factory. Who knows what you may have incorrectly set?   Second don't over think your settings.  You set f7.1 in manual mode?  Really f7.1?

If you are going to shoot manual than shoot manual mode don't go setting other stuff.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements