cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - How to wirelessly connect Canon T7i to my MacBook?

flashgordon
Contributor

Hello!

I recently purchased a new, Canon T7i and I'm in need of some help.  I was able to easily connect to my iPhone via WiFi and Bluetooth using the Canon Connect app.

I downloaded the Canon EOS Utility and want to be able to wirelessly connect to my MacBook Pro to do picture transfers, remote control, etc.

When I open the launcher it opens but no camera to select is shown.  I'm running macOS High Sierra v10.13.6

I must be doing something wrong.  Can anyone advise on this?

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You used to not be able to connect to a computer via wi-fi. I have to check on the T7i.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you enable wi-fi on the camera?

Yes I did enable WIFI on the camera.  That's how I set it up on my iPhone and then added bluetooth capability as well.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Where is the hot spot?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have a wireless router in the room and the iPhone had no problem whatsoever connecting.  

I suggest you call Canon, they can walk you through it. It is hard to do this remotely.

I called Canon and got it up and running.  I was not creating the camera network in my WIFI settings.  Once I did that it connected just fine.

Interestingly though, I wanted to connect for remote operation but for downloading as well.  It turns out that it's easier anzd faster to just download via USB cable connection.

At least I know how to do it if I want or need to. Thanks to all for your assistance.

Hi 

I am having trouble connecting my Mac to my T7i camera.  So can you tell me the phone number you called to get your question answered or if you wouldn't mind telling me how you finally connected your camera to your MacBook?j

Thanks in advance...

Barb

1 (800) 652-2666

Announcements