cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help :) I Need 2 foot x 4 foot photo, I have EOS 80D

Corryn
Apprentice

Hello, 

we purchased the Canon EOS 80D a couple months ago and still learning how to use it.

We need an image, 2 foot x 4 foot, for a project we are doing.

I took photos using the raw resolution option and the photos are 28,000-34,000 kb, if that matters.

I am dealing with a salesman who knows as much as I do about photography and is asking questions about the images.

I am asking him if he can put me in contact with their department who deals directly with the photography because I don't know those answers.

I feel like I am in Limbo and I need some assistance. 

I am trying to Google search all types of questions and just cannot find the answer, it's confusing to me.

I work very long hours at my job and cannot take a few minutes out to figure this out, I'm an operating room nurse working ten hour days (besides lunch and I take a nap during that time) and my focus needs to be there. When I have a few minutes I've been trying to figure this out. I've been at it for almost a month and I am beside myself. 

I know I should take a class to learn all this, but I can't even keep up with the day to day regular stuff.

Yes, I'm looking for a new job lol

Can anyone assist me? I appreciate any help!

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

@ebiggs1 wrote:

...DPI is a printing term.  DPI, or dots per inch, and PPI, or pixels per inch, both tell us the resolution of an image. However, they're not the same thing.  DPI, the printing term refers to the number of physical dots of ink in a printed document.

So many people say “DPI” when they really mean “PPI” constantly, all the time anymore. To make things even worse Apple, Microsoft and Adobe are all guilty of this improper usage. The important thing to know is when someone says DPI, they really mean DPI and not PPI. If you zoom way in on your monitor you will eventually see PPI.  Yo can not see DPI until it is printed.

The PPI of your monitor and camera is fixed.  They can't be changed.

Well I spent more than a little time trying to make sure I was using the correct terminology in my response. At least I knew I didn't want to use "LPI". Smiley Frustrated

I decided to use PPI in my reply since my intention was to indicate that making a good quality print requires a certain number of pixels per inch (PPI) of the width and height of the print.

The way I look at it, a camera doesn't have PPI at all. It only creates a file of certain pixel dimensions of no specific size in inches. I guess I may need to still spend some more time wrapping my brain around resolution, pixel dimensions, DPI and the like. Smiley Tongue

Corryn
Apprentice
Thank you so much, all of you, sincerely, I am going to give this a shot.
This is going to be for a back-lit design in my new kitchen. There’s a post with two sides I need to do something with and after much research and going back and forth with different companies who say then can do it then say they can’t, I just figured let me take my own photos and go with the one company who can help me; it’s nothing fancy, it’s window film. Much cheaper than back lit stone, and for the price it’s worth a shot. We went to Thunder Bay, Ontario last week and went amethyst mining. There were awesome specimens way too big to take home so I took photos instead and figured I could maybe use them for the back-lit art piece. I don’t think I can stack them; but I was able to bring a bunch home and if what I have doesn’t work then I’ll try using the pieces I have

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Ok, most people don’t understand the difference. PPI is a fixed spec. It can’t be changed. DPI can be.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements