Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Help, EOS R with Samyang 14mm f2.8 shutter won't fire

"Check the settings for your custom modes."

Absolutely and almost all the time camera error or malfunction is user error not camera error. They really do exactly what you tell then to.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

Sorry, I'm a video shooter, do I have to go into my custom settings and change a specific thing?

VIP

[ Edited ]

@Tvteacher60 wrote:

Sorry, I'm a video shooter, do I have to go into my custom settings and change a specific thing?

Sorry, for the delay.  Yes, you do.  Or, you could simply not use C3 mode.  Or, you could make the change, and then re-save the settings to C3, which is what I think is the best course of action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Tvteacher60 wrote:

Sorry, for the delay.  Yes, you do.  Or, you could simply not use C3 mode.  Or, you could make the change, and then re-save the settings to C3, which is what I think is the best course of action.

I am saying make the change to "Release Shutter Without A Lens" setting, and then re-save to C3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks, that worked!!!