cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, EOS R with Samyang 14mm f2.8 shutter won't fire

andrew6071
Apprentice

Hi, 

I'm feeling really stupid, and don't seem to be able to get my nice new EOS R to work with my samyang 14mm

I've got the camera set to manual focus, but can't get the shutter to work

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Tvteacher60 wrote:

Sorry, I'm a video shooter, do I have to go into my custom settings and change a specific thing?

Sorry, for the delay.  Yes, you do.  Or, you could simply not use C3 mode.  Or, you could make the change, and then re-save the settings to C3, which is what I think is the best course of action.

I am saying make the change to "Release Shutter Without A Lens" setting, and then re-save to C3.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

"Check the settings for your custom modes."

Absolutely and almost all the time camera error or malfunction is user error not camera error. They really do exactly what you tell then to.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sorry, I'm a video shooter, do I have to go into my custom settings and change a specific thing?

@Tvteacher60 wrote:

Sorry, for the delay.  Yes, you do.  Or, you could simply not use C3 mode.  Or, you could make the change, and then re-save the settings to C3, which is what I think is the best course of action.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Tvteacher60 wrote:

I am saying make the change to "Release Shutter Without A Lens" setting, and then re-save to C3.

Thanks, that worked!!!

Announcements