cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, 7D Mark II can't shoot anymore

fotonews
Contributor

Hello, hoping someone knows what happen to my camera. Had a little bump and after that all I see when shooting is the attached photo. Any idea what is it? Can I fix myself? Mirror looks good. Dont see anything out of whack in there.

Thank youIMG_4045.JPG

13 REPLIES 13

@fotonews wrote:
DIY kinda repair?

Send it in.  Send it in.  What do you think the odds are that something else is damaged?  Send it to Canon, no one else.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Send it in.  Send it in.  What do you think the odds are that something else is damaged?  Send it to Canon, no one else."

Heed this advice.  The 300mm lens is too heavy to not have damaged something, a lot, else.  Canon will go through and test everything.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Send it in.  Send it in.  What do you think the odds are that something else is damaged?  Send it to Canon, no one else."

Heed this advice.  The 300mm lens is too heavy to not have damaged something, a lot, else.  Canon will go through and test everything.

You may want to send the lens too. Ernie's right about the possible damage, and it could affect the lens as well.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

And I agree with the prior contributors that the lens should go in for a checkup also.  I have the 200, 300, and 400 "great white" primes and the 300 is my favorite of the group and it is worth the slight expense for Canon to check and clean it to ensure that it continues to produce the incredibly sharp photos of which it is capable.  Depending upon what gear you own, a CPS membership could be useful at this point so take a look at those which come with repair/maintenance discounts among other perks.

From your photo, it looks like just the LCD suffered a crack to its internal sandwich structure and normally I would say that is a reasonable owner repair situation but with that heavy of a lens attached it needs a good checkup.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements