cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazy whites 80D

lcribas58
Contributor

I just got an 80D, to use as a backup to a 70D, or vice versa.

When shooting interiors on sunny days all the white light coming in from the windows looks blurry and hazy.

I've had do go EV -3 or even -4 to get decent non hazy whites, but then everything is too dark, and when you edit it on Lightroom, there's noise all over the place.

Veri frustrating.

Is this a known issue?

Am I missing somehting?

Thanks guys

14 REPLIES 14

Yes, I agree this is all either camera settings wrong or insufficient DR.  There are limits to what a DSLR can capture.  You have exceeded this.

"...all shots were taken with not one but two Speedlites..."

Careful selection and critical placement of flash is mandatory. It is possible this hurt more than helped. If I were to try that shot of the bedroom, I would try to use HDR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks

"...tried HDR merge in Lightroom and results weren't great,..."

Did you try handholding the camera for the HDR shot?  You know HDR can not have any movement between the three shots?

Try it on a tripod. 

As to grain or noise, when you do extreme adjustments in LR, you are in a sense doing the same thing as upping the ISO.  Grain and/or noise will result.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Always use tripod, including for the 430 speedlite that I move around, sometimes to the next room.

Also use remote to take the shot.

I've been doing real estate photos with 70d for awhile and never with this results. That's why I'm so baffled

Hi everyone.

I want to thank you for your input and suggestions.

After trying a lot of different stuff, I had a couple of conbversation with Canon and they were baffled too.

Camera was sent in (took the exact same shots with the exact same settings with both the 80 and the 70 and sent it in with the camera), and hopefully they'll figure it out.

Thanks all.

Luis

Announcements