cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a Canon EOS 20D. My EOS Digital Solution Disk won't work. How do I download it?

ldyoucha
Apprentice

Have a Canon EOS 20D. My EOS digital solution disk will not work.  How do I download this software from somewhere? It is not available on the list of Software at Canon. Can I use the software for this for Canon EOS 40D?  Help.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

bdodd
Contributor

Yes, the DPP 3.14.x that comes on the 40D Solutions Disk download should work with your 20D.

So I'd suggest downloading the new solutions disk from the 40D page. It will ask for your serial

number. The 20D serial should work. But if it doesn't you can use your 40D serial, so you should

be set. 🙂

Cheers,

Bill

EOS 7D Mk II, EOS 40D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM

View solution in original post

Yes "bdodd" Bill, I did  download the new solutions disk from the 40D page. It asked for my serial

number. The 20D serial # did work.  Instead of plugging 20D camera into computer, I put the memory card in and downloaded the photos. It worked fine.  Very happy to have found the solution, and thank you very much.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

What software do you need? Drivers should be available for old versions of Windows / MAC's. Not sure if the current version of DPP will recognize the CR2's from back then but the Camera Window (or EOS Utility & DPP from a 40D CD will be OK to use for those programs. I think the driver for the 20D & 30D are the same but I don't know if the 40D used it too.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Software I want is EOS Viewer Utility (EOS Digital Solution Disk) for Mac, and then the Digital Photo Professional (I have ver. 1.5 that came with camera). My Mac is a new Macbook Pro Retina 13"(Mavericks) and I have a Macbook Pro 15" mid-2009 with Mountain Lion. I had the camera converted to infrared, and it says the Eos software does a great job for Raw photos and infrared.

I tried installing my original disk that came with camera in 2005 but the message was "Can not open application.  Canon EOS Digital  Inst because PowerPC apps are no longer supported".

I also have a Canon EOS40D camera, so I wonder if it's EOS Viewer Utility will work for my EOS 20D.

I'm almost certain the Viewer will work but don't know if it will install on a newer Mac.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

bdodd
Contributor

Yes, the DPP 3.14.x that comes on the 40D Solutions Disk download should work with your 20D.

So I'd suggest downloading the new solutions disk from the 40D page. It will ask for your serial

number. The 20D serial should work. But if it doesn't you can use your 40D serial, so you should

be set. 🙂

Cheers,

Bill

EOS 7D Mk II, EOS 40D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM

Yes "bdodd" Bill, I did  download the new solutions disk from the 40D page. It asked for my serial

number. The 20D serial # did work.  Instead of plugging 20D camera into computer, I put the memory card in and downloaded the photos. It worked fine.  Very happy to have found the solution, and thank you very much.

ldyoucha, you're welcome! Glad that worked for you.

Bill

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" How do I download this software from somewhere?"

I doubt the original software or DVD disk is even availible.  You may find one on ebay.  At any rate I really doubt it will run on a newer Mac.  Mac's seem to have problems even with the current software!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements