cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

rickypop
Apprentice

my DSLR has a few problems right now, I don't know how to solve them, If I can solve them or whether it is terminal.... I switch on, and try to take a pic but no pic shows up on the display screen. If i try to take a further shot the whole camera freezes, a red light flashes just next to my AF function pad, and I can't do anything except take out the battery and then re-insert battery. At moment I can't even take one shot with it ... I just re-installed Firmware on it this morning but that hasn't helped at all.... I'm also getting a distorted line across the display screen which sometimes is taking up half the screen. 

4 REPLIES 4

rickypop
Apprentice

My DSLR is a Canon EOS 1100D

@rickypop wrote:

My DSLR is a Canon EOS 1100D

That is an older body.  Try resetting the camera back to factory defaults, by using the menu options.  A new memory card would not hurt, either, just be sure to format it inside the camera.  In fact, try formatting your current memory card, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Its done. Sorry Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I am not familiar with that body but did it come with an AC adapter that will power the camera without the battery in place?  If so try it that way.  When batteries get old and begin to fail they will often show OK voltage under light load but when you actually try to take a photo if one of the cells in the battery has high resistance (or low capacity) from failure then it will cause an abrupt drop in voltage which will cause various glitches.

Your camera may have additional issues due to age but an erratic voltage drop due to a failing battery (or power supply) can cause an amazing array of glitches with modern electronics as many car owners have found out to their displeasure.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements