Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

HDML cable to computer?

My 70D came with an HDML cable to mini HDML (mini fits camera).  I don't have an HDML slot on my computer.  If I buy an adapter to attach it, will it still work to transfer my photos?  So frustrated here.  All the manuals and things I've seen say it comes with a USB cable, but even a standard USB cable wouldn't fit the camera.  Any help?

Honored Contributor

Re: HDML cable to computer?

@jamidei wrote:

My 70D came with an HDML cable to mini HDML (mini fits camera).  I don't have an HDML slot on my computer.  If I buy an adapter to attach it, will it still work to transfer my photos?  So frustrated here.  All the manuals and things I've seen say it comes with a USB cable, but even a standard USB cable wouldn't fit the camera.  Any help?

For a long time virtually all USB-compatible digital cameras used a mini-USB connector. But I've seen one recently (the 7D Mk II) that accepts a micro-USB connector (the one used by many cell phones) instead. This is probably the beginning of a trend, to which the 70D may also have succumbed.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Honored Contributor

Re: HDML cable to computer?

[ Edited ]

70D uses a mini-USB cable. The camera should have come with the appropriate cable. 

HDMI cable can display photos and video but won't transfer files to computer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic