cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDML cable to computer?

jamidei
Apprentice

My 70D came with an HDML cable to mini HDML (mini fits camera).  I don't have an HDML slot on my computer.  If I buy an adapter to attach it, will it still work to transfer my photos?  So frustrated here.  All the manuals and things I've seen say it comes with a USB cable, but even a standard USB cable wouldn't fit the camera.  Any help?

2 REPLIES 2

@jamidei wrote:

My 70D came with an HDML cable to mini HDML (mini fits camera).  I don't have an HDML slot on my computer.  If I buy an adapter to attach it, will it still work to transfer my photos?  So frustrated here.  All the manuals and things I've seen say it comes with a USB cable, but even a standard USB cable wouldn't fit the camera.  Any help?

For a long time virtually all USB-compatible digital cameras used a mini-USB connector. But I've seen one recently (the 7D Mk II) that accepts a micro-USB connector (the one used by many cell phones) instead. This is probably the beginning of a trend, to which the 70D may also have succumbed.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

70D uses a mini-USB cable. The camera should have come with the appropriate cable. 

HDMI cable can display photos and video but won't transfer files to computer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements