cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fungus Question

LGTEC
Apprentice

I apologize for posting another subject so quickly, but I want to make sure I do the right thing here. 

Today I was at a used Camera store and I was trying out a lens on my camera (Maybe 5 minutes most). After looking at the lens, I noticed there was some fungus on the very middle element. Of course I didn't put the lens back on the camera after that. I should of checked before.

However, I'm hoping it didn't contaminate my camera body. Should I get the sensor cleaned? or is there something else I should do? 

Sorry never delt with fungus before. 

The camera sensor looks new still, but I've heard fungus can spread easily. 

14 REPLIES 14

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"However, I'm hoping it didn't contaminate my camera body."

I highly doubt you hurt your camera, 1 in a 100 chance perhaps ever 1 in a 1000.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

Fungal spores are everywhere. You probably already had spores in your camera before. The important part is to store the equipment correct to prevent spores from growing, RH> 70%.

RH > 70?

Isn't drier better? I was hoping that being in New Mexico was a good thing for storing equipment!

And Ernie, maybe all the acetic acid from the stop bath stains act to kill fungus!

"...Ernie, maybe all the acetic acid from the stop bath stains act to kill fungus!"

eeb.png

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@kvbarkley wrote:

RH > 70?

Isn't drier better? I was hoping that being in New Mexico was a good thing for storing equipment!

And Ernie, maybe all the acetic acid from the stop bath stains act to kill fungus!

My bad. RH below 70%.

Announcements