cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame numbering on EOD 7D

APIMan
Apprentice

I have an EOS 7D which numbers I guess by the body count (curent frame no = _0015384) When I use the internal flash the numbering system changes the '_' to an 'A'. Why does it do this and can I stop it doing it? Also can I stop it using the '_' altogether?

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The underscore is being caused by the fact that you must have "Adobe" color space selected, instead of the factory default.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

So why does the underscore change to 'A' on some flash photos but not all?

From the Canon manual

"Set [: Color space] to [sRGB]. If [Adobe RGB] is set, the first character will be an underscore."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@APIMan wrote:

The discussion about Adobe RGB and the underscore is an industryu standard - not unique to Canon.

I have never seen the "A" prefix show up on my flash photos; not sure what is going on there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"I have never seen the "A" prefix show up on my flash photos ..."

Neither have I.

EB

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@APIMan wrote:

The discussion about Adobe RGB and the underscore is an industryu standard - not unique to Canon.

I have never seen the "A" prefix show up on my flash photos; not sure what is going on there. 

It is a requirement of the DCF 2.0 specification. Canon simply chooses to use the same naming convention for its Raw files to keep things simpatico.  If it bothers you try using SRGB. Otherwise LR and Bridge allows batch file name renaming. And, you can set color space there also.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is because you shoot in AdobeRGB. It is a requirement of the DCF 2.0 specification. Canon simply chooses to use the same naming convention for its Raw files to keep things simpatico.  If it bothers you try using SRGB. Otherwise LR and Bridge allows batch file name renaming. And, you can set color space there also.

EB
Announcements