cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot the password connected to my Cannon 6D

sammygiang
Apprentice

Please help, I changed my iphone 5s and forgot the password connected to my Cannon 6D, possible to reset, I can't find any instruction from Manual. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you followed the steps above, it gives you the password during the camera Wi-Fi creation process. You'll need to remember that number to use whenever you try to connect to the camera. 

if you forget the password, start over and do the steps again. 

I haven't used the new version of the app in a while. But this end of this Canon software is obviously still the same. 👍🏼

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

hsbn
Whiz
Go to your camera menu, go to Wi-Fi Function -> Connecto To Smartphone -> you will see a screen with 2 options Choose Set. and Review/Change Setting. Choose Review/Change Setting, and you can change or reset your password from there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I am having the same issue, but do not see any other pages under that tab

Terpenequeen
Apprentice
I am experiencing the same problem! But after I go to "Connect to Smartphone" there is no other page giving me options to "Choose Set. and Review/Change Setting" :((((( please help

The Canon 6D WIFI connection set-up is one of the MOST FRUSTRATING, MADDENING pieces of software I've ever encountered.

After three days of hours of trying to get my iPhone to connect, I still have been unable to do this.

CANON PLEASE:

ON THE CAMERA PUT A BUTTON THAT SAYS: "CONNECT TO SMARTPHONE"

ON THE PHONE, PUT A BUTTON THAT SAYS: "CONNECT TO CAMERA".

THE VERBAGE ON THE EOS REMOTE AND THE CAMERA ARE DIFFERENT!

IT'S LIKE ONE IS SPEAKING SANSKRIT AND ONE IS SPEAKING CHINESE.

Taylor Lockwood

Taylor - so glad to see you also are so frustrated with this - can't get the 6D used body I just bought to work WiFi correctly either...Daniel

Cdaaerial
Apprentice
So I take it this is not solved yet?

I haven't got a 6D and know nothing about the password system, can't quite understand why you would need one but .......

Is it possible to reset the password through EOS utility when your camera is connected to a PC, there is in this the facility to alter some camera settings ....... might be worth a try.

In trying to connect my 6D to my iPad I have forgotten my password for the camera network.

how to reset it?

Sounds logical but I am in Iceland and my computer is in New York.
Announcements