cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focusing Issues

bertotr
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I had the unfortunate event of a circuit board failure on my 60D while on vacation. Luckily it happened towards the end of the trip. It was repaired by a third party as it was no longer supported by Canon. I have a Sigma 18-35mm attached to the lens. Prior to issue, my photos were sharp and no need for lens adjustment. Since I received the camera I have been having blurry images. I have reset the camera to factory settings, formated the SD card with the latest firmware and tried another Canon lens. When I view the image via the optical viewfinder it looks in focus but when uploaded they look blurry. I used the auto live view screen and the same picure looked great. I don't know what to do next. 

Thank you for your help.

RobertTaken with Live ViewTaken with Optical View Finder

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like the third party repairs may not have been done properly.  Perhaps a calibration needed to be performed that was not.  Send the camera back.  If they “correct” it, then sell it and upgrade.  That camera may never “right” again, if Canon do the repairs.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

At this point I think you need to cut your loses.  It is only going to cost you more and you are still going to end up with 8 years old camera.  Not the best idea, do you think?

Perhaps you can try to get the shop to redo it but if they screwed it up the first time how well do you think they will do the second time?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have reset the camera to factory settings, formated the SD card with the latest firmware and tried another Canon lens."

None of that is the problem or will help. Sorry.  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ray-uk
Whiz

Most modern cameras will need recalibrating using the special manufacturers software when a main board is replaced. I would guess the repairer you chose didn't realise this or didn't have the necessary software.

bertotr
Contributor
Thank you all for your help. Will upgrade to the 90D.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“Thank you all for your help. Will upgrade to the 90D.”

You are going to need some new socks with the 90D! Enjoy it.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements