cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Adaptor

fiction
Apprentice
I have a Canon EOS, and when I turn on the flash adaptor and try to take a picture, it just stops and says "BUSY" with a flash symbol next to it. I'm missing a lot of pictures and its really frustrating, please help!

p.s. i'm not sure what the exact model is, the most it says is EOS M. Its a digital camera, not DSLR.
5 REPLIES 5

hsbn
Whiz

We have to know what model you are using and what Flash you're using. Make sure the flash is compatible with your camera. So give us more detail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

fiction
Apprentice
The model of the camera is a Canon EOS M. The flash adaptor is a speedlite 90ex. The flash is definitely compatible with the camera since it came with it and I've used it many times, but recently my camera has been saying its "busy" with a flash symbol next to it. I'll try to take a picture but it just keeps appearing and won't go away until I turn off the flash adaptor.

My EOS M does exactly the same thing. It is so frustrating and not what you expect when you spend a considerable amount of money on a camera. 

Did you manage to figure out what went wrong?

Thanks

Try new batteries.  The EX 90 is so under powered it needs full charge as it dumps everything each time you use it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I gave that a go and still no joy. I visited my nearest Canon store in Kuala Lumpur today.

The store assistant was very helpful and tried a new 90ex on my camera but it still didnt work, which made us think there must be an issue with my EOS M.

We then tried the flash units in a completly different camera, i think it was a 700D but neither of the 90ex's worked in that!

We then tried a 270ex II which worked perfectly in my camera. Upon doing some investigation online i'm going to completly avoid another 90ex and go for a 270ex II or a better value equivalent.

Thanks for your help

Adam

Announcements