cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First FF body - Used 6d mk1 or 5d mk3?

mchigan
Apprentice

I'm looking to purchase my first FF body and i thought i should look for a used one for budget reasons. I've found two for sale, but i'm not really sure which to pick. The first one is a 5D mk3 with about 100k actuations at about 1160 dollars. The guy who sells it have great recommendations, is a freelance photographer and the camera seems to be in great condition. The only problem is that i live about 2 hours away from this guy, so i need to trust him to not scam me. The second one is a 6D mk1 with about 30k actuations for 870 dollars sold by a photo store with a 3 months warranty. The body seems to be in good condition with a few scratches.

I'm really leaning towards the 5D mk3, but i would like your opinion on what to do. The shortcomings of the 6D don't scare me that much as i have 7D in great condition to fill the gap.

3 REPLIES 3

tmc784
Enthusiast

Buy from Adorama or B&H , they are worthtrust stores, you can call their used department staff .

Both the 6D Mk I and 5D Mk III are great cameras with similar image quality.  You really can't go wrong either way. The 6D is similar to a 60D, 70D, etc while the 5D3 is more similar to a 7D.   

Since you already have a 7D, you should probably go with the 5D3 as it will feel more familiar. 

Mike Sowsun

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Easy, get the 5D Mk III. Much better camera if you only consider build.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements