cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Film rewinds instead of loading

asonnier101
Apprentice
I have a rebel eos k2. This camera likes to rewind new rolls of film instead of loading them. I'm not sure what's causing this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your camera uses an InfraRed sensor for counting film sprockets. It is probably malfunctioning. You could have a look to see it it looks alright, but you will probably need to replace the camera. The used price is only about $25-$50 so any repair would be more costly.

71TOJvRGeoL._SL1500_.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Best bet is to call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Stephen

Hi there!

Looking over the manual, it says that when you load film, it will wind the entire roll of film onto the camera's take-up spool, and when you take a photo, it will rewind the film frame-by-frame into the cartridge. I've attached an image of page 15 from the manual here:

Rebel K2 Film Load.JPG

asonnier101
Apprentice
All is does is push the film all the way back into the canister...it doesn't load it at all and the screen doesn't show the number of exposures like it is supposed to. Just flashes the little symbol like when you finish a roll and it's done rewinding it...thats why I say it's rewinding instead of loading...

Your camera uses an InfraRed sensor for counting film sprockets. It is probably malfunctioning. You could have a look to see it it looks alright, but you will probably need to replace the camera. The used price is only about $25-$50 so any repair would be more costly.

71TOJvRGeoL._SL1500_.jpg

Mike Sowsun

asonnier101
Apprentice
Yeah...I had a feeling it would be more costly to repair than the camera is worth....thanks anyway...I appreciate it
Announcements