cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposure problem while rolling

Elieabihatem
Contributor
Hello!!

I have noticed a problem while shooting with my 5d mark iii yesterday, i have some exposure problem during the rolling process.
With no light changes during the roll you feel like the image shift -2stop smoothly then go up 2 stops, like you are playing with the iris ring going from 2.8 to 4/5.6 then to 2/1.4

Shutter speed 1/50
Lens 70-200mm canon
Samyang 35 mm and 85 mm
Iris 2.8
Iso 160
25fps
1920/1080p

Can anybody explain to me why this can happen?
Thanks,
E

10 REPLIES 10

@Elieabihatem wrote:
Hello!!

I have noticed a problem while shooting with my 5d mark iii yesterday, i have some exposure problem during the rolling process.
With no light changes during the roll you feel like the image shift -2stop smoothly then go up 2 stops, like you are playing with the iris ring going from 2.8 to 4/5.6 then to 2/1.4

Shutter speed 1/50
Lens 70-200mm canon
Samyang 35 mm and 85 mm
Iris 2.8
Iso 160
25fps
1920/1080p

Can anybody explain to me why this can happen?
Thanks,
E

Not sure what you mean by "the rolling process", but it sounds as though you might have exposure bracketing turned on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Peter
Authority
Authority
Do you have the camera in M mode?

Elieabihatem
Contributor
Yes M mode

Peter
Authority
Authority
You don't use af when video recording? Do you see that the aperture (what you call iris) is moving?

Elieabihatem
Contributor
Im not using AF
And the aperture is not moving
Evrything is normal nothing is changing while rolling exept the exposure with no aperture changes

Peter
Authority
Authority
And would you like to upload a sample?

Elieabihatem
Contributor
I dont have the footage now once i have it i will try to upload something

Peter
Authority
Authority

And you can also check if you will get the same in live view. With my 6D and an adapter for m42 mount my screen goes from dark to bright in live view.

Elieabihatem
Contributor
Ok but u dont know what is the problem? I think in live view i have the same issues
Announcements