cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposure Simulation 5D4 ??

Spiffypix
Apprentice

Hi everyone - 

I shoot in low ambient light situations often with my Canon 5D Mark IV, in addition to using Live View.  When I half-press the shutter while in Live View, the screen goes from completely dark to using the ambient light in the room, which enables me to set my focus.   My problem is, that option seems to time out after just a few seconds and i am constantly having to half-press the shutter to get it to turn back on, so I can achieve focus.  I’m assuming this option is called Exposure Simulation?  And if so, is there a way for me to change the amount of time that it stays active?    I want the Live View to stay illuminated with the subject until I achieve focus and take the shot.  Thanks for your help...

Melanie 

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Page 311 in your 5D Mk IV manual describes how you can disable Exposure Simulation so you can always see the Live View image at full brightness.

001.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Ok, thanks.  I wasn’t sure if I needed to turn it off or if the settings were adjustable. I’ve been googling for further info but I was hitting brick walls.  Thank you

Announcements