cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eso needs view finder magnification

aerosamc
Apprentice
I bought an M50 today and will return it tomorrow. It's perfect small light camera for our travel needs except either the rear LCD or the eyepeice needs to display real-time 2x and 4x (8x?) magnification of the sensor center so I can see subject details and time the shot. I have no intention of using 24 mp imaged and will always crop the full 24 mp image later.

Better, add digital zoom of sensor and display to capture lower resolution images when that's the best I can capture at a distance.

This feature might even be released in a software update. So let me know when they do. Canon is stuck on an single photography paradigm and needs to support a zoom interface Android and iphone users are accustomed to and expect.
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I am pretty sure the RP has this.

aerosamc
Apprentice
The RP doesn't have it.

Doesn't pressing the magnify button zoom into the image?

aerosamc
Apprentice
I didn't buy the camera to try but I could find no evidence in the documentation. The RP price is $400 more than the Costco ESO M50. Thanks for trying

aerosamc
Apprentice
Do you have an inside contact to the forum?

The forum sent a "Re: Your topic recently received a reply! [ET-2939087799598885591]" email three days ago. I had just joined the Forum and didn't bookmark the webpage. The email suggest I go to the site but contains no URL or hot link. Google only offered Canon Global forums. The email was a nice idea but only resulted in frustration.
Announcements