cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos-m LCD screen won't turn on

Karmafox
Apprentice
The camera works, allows me to take photos, however the lcd won't turn On just stays black. So i have no view of what I'm taking photos off. The touch sensor works as it makes the usual noises and allows me to take photos touching. Any idea why the screen is getting no image at all, not even menu? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

rodammon
Apprentice

I am having this issue as well.  Quite frankly, it happened almost a year ago and I have not pulled that M out of my bag since.  I have a couple Canon DSLR's and did not need it.  Just went looking for a solution, but figured I might post that the same thing happened to me.  The camera was hardly used.  Has this been adressed by Canon?  I am out of warranty, but wondering if this became an issue the Canon is covering.  I would love to use the camera again and I have lenses and adapters that work with all of my other lenses.  The M was sweet to use sometimes.  Thanks to anyone who has news.  

hey sorry I haven't updated this for the longest. I actually don't have the eos m anymore with me, but what I did was just simply purchase a new LCD online and then installed it myself. It's pretty easy to take apart while following a tear down guide that is available online somewhere. Good luck! 

Thanks.  I wish I had your confidence tearing down a camera!

no problem. here's the guide: [Mod Note: Link removed per forum guidelines]

you have nothing to lose!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements