cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility Problems Canon 6D

gwhib
Contributor

I have posted on this subject before, I cannot get the Eos Utility to work on my Windows 8.1 Desktop Computer, in the last two months I have had a new setup, previously I have managed to get it working on 8.1 on the old one, I have downloaded the latest version but it will not work using wi-fi (that's another issue) or USB, I do not get an icon on the task bar so I cannot download any of my new photos, the other thing is that when connected via USB the camera should show in Windows Explorer I think that Canon's utility program is a pigs breakfast, as for Wi-Fi nothing I do will persuade the camera to connect via Wi-Fi although I can get it to connect to my iPad, anybody who can help me reduce my blood pressure, bring it on

12 REPLIES 12

What version of the EOS Utility is installed? The latest version 2.14 has a better user interface.

I'm going to state the obvious: USB and Wifi cannot be enabled at the same time. Make sure Wifi is not enabled whether or not the camera actually connects to Wifi it must not be enabled otherwise USB does not work.

Have you gone to Device Manager to check if any devices are showing errors or warnings? To go to device manager first go to Control Panel and set "View By" either Large or Small Icons. Then select Device Manager. If errors or warnings are seen, then click on the device and try to correct those.

In Win8 you can get to control panel easily by going to the "Modern" not Desktop and typing control panel. It should then be the first item in the search list.

Steve

I have made sure that I have the latest Eos Utility software, I think the version I now have is an update, I now get a box with a graphic showing pairing which I did not berfore, on clicking the on the launcher with pairing over a Wi-Fi/Lan the second box comes up (by the way I am trying to pair using WPS (PBC mode) pressing the button on the router then pressing the ok button on the camera, but I still do not get a connection showing in the second box, am I missing something, by the way on the camera I get a message saying EOS-C8E92A pairing in progress Start pairing software on computer, if it is not already running (which it is)

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Are you hooking up the 6D first and then starting EOS Utility?  Get the computer to see the camera and after

it does start EOS Utility.

It is correct that there are no additional drivers required. Canon supplies MS with all the drivers

and they are included with Win 8.

I have made sure that I have the latest Eos Utility software, I think the version I now have is an update, I now get a box with a graphic showing pairing which I did not berfore, on clicking the on the launcher with pairing over a Wi-Fi/Lan the second box comes up (by the way I am trying to pair using WPS (PBC mode) pressing the button on the router then pressing the ok button on the camera, but I still do not get a connection showing in the second box, am I missing something?

Announcements