cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos 7d mkii not connecting via usb to macbook air

mattrj676
Apprentice

hello all, i have last night updated my macbook air to Siera version 10.12 and now cannot connect my 7d mkii to my pc. I have looked around forums and by using the system information file i can see the camera when it is plugged in but it now no longer seems to communicate with my mac, it would normally automatically try and import pictures when i connect it via usb.

any help much appreciated

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What program do you use to transfer your files?

Try running ImageCapture and then plugging the camera in.

On connecting via USB normally 'photos' opens on my mac and the camera can be seen as an external device...now nothing 

Have you tried a new cable.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When you say you see it can you open it as a storage device and see the card contents?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Is it that your mac doesn't detect the 7D II ... or is it that the mac doesn't automatically launch a program to import pictures when the camera is connected.

These two different things (I know it seems subtle) would be completely different problems.

If you want a program to automatically be launched when you attach a camera, there are a few ways to do it.  Apple's own photo software (Photos and Aperture) both have options that let you indicate if they should automatically launch when a camera is connected.

However a more universal way is to use Apple's "Image Capture" program (it's in your Applications folder and it's something you've probably never ued before.)  Launch this and connect your camera.  In the lower left corner is a tiny triangle (probably the pointy end of the triangle is pointing up).  Click that triangle and it should open a window which reads:  "Connection this camera opens:" with a selection item that lets you pick an application.  You can literally pick ANY application you want.   You'll see all the Apple programs that can handle the camera... but suppose you want to auto-launch Lightroom... just pick 'other' and then it'll open a file selection window and you can navigate to the Lightroom application and set that.

Having done this, when you connect your camera in the future, it'll auto-launch whichever program you picked.

I personally have a few programs I use... from EOS Utility to LIghtroom to Kuvik Capture and even a few others... so I dislike having one particular program auto-launch.  So on my personal mac I set the choice to "no application" and I manually launch whatever application I need to use.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Take the WiFi card out it worked for me

Gadgetmandb
Contributor

Take the WiFi card out it worked for me

Awesome!! Finally a solution that worked. Much appreciated.

Its not a fault but is documented in to maneal, really glad i could be of some help to you....

Announcements