cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egg shell effect on my canon 7D photographs

mickcharman
Apprentice

there is a egg shell effect on my canon 7D photographs when enlarged.

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Mick

Welcome to the forum!  To help you it would be useful for you to post an image or two and list the EXIF data from each shot as well.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

exif photo.JPGexif file.jpg

I don't know what an egg shell effect is. The photo is about two stops overexposed and probably a bit out of focus. What else are we supposed to be seeing?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I have to agree with Robert here, I can't see what I would conceive as an eggshell effect:  there are definitely sharpness issues, whether camera movement of focus and it is a bit washed out too.

Is this just one (or a few images) or a common occurrence?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"I don't know what an egg shell effect is. The photo is about two stops overexposed and probably a bit out of focus."

Me too!  I don't know if I totally buy your exif info either.  But anyway if true you may have a sticky shutter or a failing shutter.

Interesting subject, too, why?  It will be difficult to get a great exposure shooting scenes like that.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

mickcharman
Apprentice
It wasn't a settings issue, although it looks like I agree. I have tried a different card and I think it maybe that was the problem. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Announcements