Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EVF and dizziness

After months of research, I finally purchased the EOS R. I was so excited to get it and loved everything about that camera except for one thing. This is my first camera with an EVF and I found myself feeling a bit dizzy/nauseous when looking through it. This feeling occurred more often when I was shooting outdoors during the day.. I didn't notice it in the evenings or indoors. I kept shooting with it thinking I would adjust to the viewfinder and the feeling would go away. Sadly that wasn't the case so I ended up returning the camera. I do not experience this when using an OVF.  Has anyone else had a similar experience? Were you able to adjust to the EVF over time? Any idea what might be contributing to this difficulty?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: EVF and dizziness

Something to do with the refresh rate, I would suppose.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Reputable Contributor

Greetings,

No problems here.  Vertigo from EVF, thats a first.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
Valued Contributor

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

No problems here.  Vertigo from EVF, thats a first.

He's just got a hangover.