cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR with no code 5DS

Lindall
Contributor

I've sent my 5DS in to get fixed as it constantly comes up with a blinking ERR message on the LCD screen....WITH NO CODE! The tech can not find anything wrong with it, yet I've sent it back with the same error twice. Apparently he has never seen this in 30 years. They are sending it back to me as there is nothing they can do as it hasn't occured for them.

It seems to be at random times and any photos I took just before it happens are not saved. The message comes up, red light stays on, black screen, and I can not turn it off. The only thing that fixes it is if I take out the battery. When I put the battery back in it works fine again....for a while.

I've tried changing the battery, changing the card and changing the lens. Changing the lens seemed to work the best, but eventually the same thing happened.

HELP!!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I had this happen periodically with my T5i. It only happended when I had my battery grip (a Canon grip) installed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Lindall
Contributor
This has happened with the grip both on and off

@Lindall wrote:
This has happened with the grip both on and off

When you sent your camera in for repair, did you include your memory card?  Try a new one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lindall
Contributor
Yes and as I said above changed cards, batteries and lenses
Announcements