cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS80D & 60FPS

DarkWestern
Contributor

Hello everyone, I have endlessly researched this subject, googled and googled, read ancient forum posts from yesteryear, and nobody seems to have the same issue I have, so I figured I'd give this a shot.

I have a Canon EOS80D. I bought this camera because one of my favorite content creators has this very camera listed as their gear for their videos on YouTube.

Their videos appear on YouTube as 1080P 60 frames per second.

Before you finish typing that reply, I have extensively played with the settings, and I'm aware that the region settings determine frames per second.

The EOS80D allows up to 59.94FPS Or at least, that's the highest FPS I can find using the software on the camera.

There does not appear to be any setting for true 60FPS...

I've recorded videos using the 59.94FPS settings, and even used my video editing software to render videos in 60FPS despite the fraction of a frame between 59.94 and 60, but nothing I do enables that YouTube video settings after a video is done uploading to be viewed in 1080P/60FPS.

Does anyone know what I can do produce a video in 60FPS?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, and there's literally nothing on Google...

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Why don't you ask YouTube?  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Well, Canon says that 60 (as opposed to 59.94) is not possible:

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

@BurnUnit wrote:

It would probably be best to start a new thread instead of adding it on to this one.

He is the OP. 8^)

@kvbarkley wrote:

@BurnUnit wrote:

It would probably be best to start a new thread instead of adding it on to this one.

He is the OP. 8^)

In his first post the OP seemed primarily interested in being able to shoot at a true 60fps, which the 80D will not do.

Several posts later it occured to me that he likely isn't seeng the video quality he'd hoped for with the 80D. I figured if he was trying create a certain effect or style in his videos there are other approaches he can take that should make bigger improvements than going from 59.94 to 60fps.

I think he'd be more likely to get better advice on the matter by starting a new thread with a more appropriate title than "EOS80D & 60FPS".

Announcements