cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS pop up on windows 10

Ashbygirl
Apprentice

This pops up every time I open Windows 10. Does anyone know how to get rid of it please.

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is it asking to import photos? Do you have a camera card or USB stick with a DCIM folder?

Please send a screenshot of the pop-up.

PaulSoebekti
Enthusiast

Hi, it can be set and/or turned off through Task Manager (press Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys - all at the same time).

Click on the Startup tab and Disable the EOS Utility app.

Hope it helps.

Paul

@PaulSoebekti wrote:

Hi, it can be set and/or turned off through Task Manager (press Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys - all at the same time).

Click on the Startup tab and Disable the EOS Utility app.

Hope it helps.

Paul

Would not that totally disable the application, causing it to never start up and run?  Try right clicking on the application’s icon when it appears on the right side of the taskbar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Done through the Startup tab in Task Mgr, would prevent it from starting up (and pop up) automatically when windows starts.

Connect camera and manually start EOS Utility and link the camera to EU. You can also setup which folder it goes into, etc.

Paul

@PaulSoebekti wrote:

Done through the Startup tab in Task Mgr, would prevent it from starting up (and pop up) automatically when windows starts.

Connect camera and manually start EOS Utility and link the camera to EU. You can also setup which folder it goes into, etc.

Paul

You can set it to start the service in the background, and only launch the user interface when the service detects a camera.  This is actually the default behavior on a fresh installation.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@PaulSoebekti wrote:

Paul

You can set it to start the service in the background, and only launch the user interface when the service detects a camera.  This is actually the default behavior on a fresh installation.

That has worked very well for me. The Utility doesn't call attention to itself until it sees a camera. And if you did a from-scratch installation of Version 3, it will automatically invoke Version 3 or Version 2, depending on which one is appropriate for the camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

If you suddenly start experiencing problems with the EOS utility after the current large Win 10 update kill the EOS utility process in the task manager and restart it.  You will then get a message that EOS utility needs to change some firewall settings to operate properly. Let it do so and it will be fine again.

I usually connect my 1DX2 via the gigabit ethernet port and that worked flawlessly until the latest Win 10 update two days ago and it now works fine again after EOS undid some of the MS "improvements".  I also had to go in and reset a number of privacy and other settings that MS changed with their update and the even better news from MS is this large update is paving the way for an even bigger update coming in Fall.  I can hardly wait.

It is sometimes hard to believe that the same company that brought out the stable and reasonably lean XP operating system gave birth to the mess known as Win 10.  I wish this OS worked as well as my Canon stuff!

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements