cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility just ain't working with Windows 7

Dingus
Contributor

I've been reading lots of posts on the EOS Utility. There is obviously a problem with this working with Windows 7. Many many  people are having the same issue. It worked great with Windows XP.

Canon, please take note and please fix this issue.

I've read the posts and tried ALL of the fixes. None have worked so far.

So what's my problem.

I connect my 7D to my PC and the EOS Utility opens. It starts to download my images then WIndows 7's utility for downloading also opens. I select 'Start to download images' in the EOS U. The EOS Utility then disconnects/Fails.

I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers, software etc etc.

There is a problem here with Canon's software, but unfortunately I don't see Canon doing anything to fix it.

Canon. Can I pleeeeeeese have a fix from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great!  But I will reveal in the fact you got things working.  Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

TomNeff
Apprentice

My EOS utility suddenly stopped working too.  I have a D6.  Went to Drivers and software (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_... downloaded new (or latest) version, installed it, and now it's running fine.  Canon should notify customers.  Hope this helps for your issue.

Hi, Can I just ask you which version of the eos utility did you downloaded to get it working. Thanks

Poive.

My EOS utility is Ver 2.9.0.0

Every other device works as you say, except the EOS utility, but it's not the EOS utility that's causing the problem. It's the camera and the port.

I suspect you get the EOS starting to download, then after a few photos your camera disconnects.

It's when it starts to download that the voltage drops. The Canon camera is quite heavy on load.

Because it disconnects the voltage rises again, so the camera connects........... Now we have a repetitive circle.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements