cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote App used to recognize 6d and now does not?

sweetlemon
Apprentice

After a couple of hours of frustration, I am ready to throw my beloved camera and/or phone against a wall.

I installed the EOS app and used it happily for months. Then, over Christmas, it stopped being able to see my camera. There was no error message, and appeared to be no problem. The camera makes the network. My Android Nexus 5 sees the network and uses it without issue.

When I start the EOS app, that is where my problem is. The EOS app acknowledges the phone is on the camera's network, but says I have no camera connected.

Things I have tried:

-Redoing the connection between phone and camera. I have done this repeatedly, but it makes no difference, since they were always connected.

-Uninstalling the EOS app completely from my phone and reinstalling it.

I am at a loss here. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there anything else I could try?

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi sweetlemon!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

hsbn
Whiz
http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/Can-t-connect-my-smart-phone-with-Canon-6D-wireless-for-EOS/m-...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements