- Canon 6D
- camera access point mode
- channel: auto setting
- RAW mode
- SanDisk 45mb/s 16gb extreme card

Phone
- iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.3
- EOS Remote
- Connects perfectly via wifi most of the time. Sometimes drops.

Major problem is that when in camera image viewing mode, some random thumbnails, usually in sequence, come up as a big "?" The photo cannot be viewed and no "info" is available on the image via the app. The photo does download fine to PC.

Screen grab of my phone coming shortly. Apologies if this has already been posted, I didn't find a thread when I searched here.

Thanks for your input, as always.

IMG_8011.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello Hoomojo,

Since the images do download OK to your computer, then it would seem this issue comes about just with the phone.  It may be a connection issue, so you should try forgetting the connection and then allowing it to refresh on the phone/ camera.  Try shooting again after this to see if you can keep it connected and display thumbnails properly. 

It would also be prudent to attempt the use of a different card in the camera to see if this may be the cause.  It's possible that if the card is having trouble the camera is experiencing difficulty reading/ displaying from and to it. 

If you still need assistance and would like to contact us directly for live, step by step assistance, please contact us through our Service and Support web site.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply, but i was expecting a bit more substantive answer.

- All images show on the LCD and download, fine. This suggests the card is not having issues. Do you agree?
- the "?" Thumbnails are consistent/persistent even after I reconnect to 6Ds wifi and reboot the app.

This is beginning to seem like a bug in the app, but I want to know for sure if it actually is a failure in any of the hardware.

Thanks.
Announcements